Kapalbhati: Breathing Technique for Beauty Benefits
Kapalbhati Pranayam is one of the most popular types of breathing exercises. Kapalbhati or shining forehead breathing exercise helps you improve your mental health and intellect. Some other benefits of Kapalbhati include:
Overall Health Benefits
- Kapalbhati is known to improve your blood sugar level by stimulating the pancreas for sufficient insulin production and reduction in stress.
- It also helps you reduce weight from your abdomen and tones your abdominal muscles. It increases abdominal strength helping you improve the general quality of life.
- Kapalbhati has proven beneficial in relieving from constipation in all age groups. It is recommended to do 3-5 minutes of Kapalbhati exercise every day as an effective remedy for constipation.
- It improves your immune system to fight off disease-causing microbes.
Mental Health Benefits
- Kapalbhati helps de-clutter your mind and energize your brain. It also helps in the stimulation of nerves.
- Kapalbhati helps balance the mind and body, it has known benefits to calm your mind.
- It improves concentration.
- Improved oxygen levels in the blog help in the prevention of acne.
- Elimination of toxins from the body helps in slowing down the aging process and leaves your skin glowing.
- Helps unclog skin pores and clarifies skin to give you a luminous glow.
- Prevents hair loss and increases blood flow to the scalp for better hair growth and strengthened hair roots.
- Reduction in overall stress helps in prevention from premature greying of hair.
How to do Kapalbhati Pranayama?
Follow these simple and easy steps to perform Kapalbhati and get benefitted from the amazing breathing technique.
- Sit cross-legged on the floor and place your hands on the knees with your palms facing upwards. Touch the tip of your index fingers of both hands to the thumbs.
- Inhale deeply until your lungs are filled with air. Focus on the abdominal region while you are inhaling.
- Pull your stomach in as much close as possible to your spine. Place your right hand on the abdomen (you will feel muscles contracting). Now relax and exhale rapidly in a short burst with well-coordinated immediate inhalation.
- Repeat this breathing exercise 20 times. Rest for a while after completion in the same pose and meditate for better results.